Fwends! ♥

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tokyo Trip: Asakusa

Oh herro dere!
Just got back from my trip to Tokyo and Taipei :D
I went for a little over 2 weeks but definitely seemed too short.


Arrived in Tokyo very late at night.


The next morning I was pleasantly surprised that the view from hotel was so nice :D
My hotel was located in Ikebukuro Sunshine City. Good location!! Thanks to Yumeko for the rec whilst I was having a hotel searching meltdown bwahahhaa


And due to jetlag, I was up so early the sun was still rising.
This is a very rare view for me to see, ok? So I must bring it up XD


On the first day, we went to Asakusa because I wanted to get the tourist sightseeing stuff out of the way so I can shop without interruptions bwahahhaa


Asakusa has quite a bit to see, eat, and buy.


Taiyaki!
Made fresh. I got the custard cream flavor. So yummy!



A million little shops that sell souvenirs.



This guy makes each one with so much care. It takes so long to make just 6 at a time.



I don't know what these are called but they looked interesting.


I got a green tea one.


It's like a fried red bean bun that is a bit chewy



Gate to Senso-ji, a Buddhist temple.


So beautiful!




Senso-ji


It was really crowded so we didn't bother to go look inside haha


From Asakusa you can see Tokyo Skytree, which was where we headed to next!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm totally irked that Big Bang had a concert in LA while I was away on vacation.
But ermahgerd TOP dancing ♥♥♥♥♥
*warning: turn volume wayyyyy down or will go deaf from screaming fangirls*


Wahhhh is almost Thanksgiving!!! 
I am in annoying holiday mode again *\^o^/*
♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really want to go back to Tokyo! I wish I had the chance to shop more. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhhh!! so lucky taiwan and japan!! loved your trip pics so far.. can't wait to see more :)!! hahaha i laughed at your comment about seeing tourist stuff first to get it out of the way so i can just shop the rest of the time because i am TOTALLY that way on vacay too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time no see!! How are you?? Hope the job is going well and I see you had tome to go to Asia!! Awesome trip I hope to go back to taiwan one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this trip looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time! I've always wanted to go to Japan (and hope to go in the next few years). All the food looks SO delicious! I'm such a sucker for any pastry item, and when combined with green tea, red bean or pumpkin.....well..I think I'd gain 100lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want visit Tokyo too TT___TT but when, lol X'D
    Foods look so tasty too ;;w;;

    -> www.cominica.net <-

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back! Looked like you had a great time! For some reason everyone that I know thats visited Tokyo nearly always stay in Ikebukuro?! I live right opposite of that town area LOL. Anyway I hope you get to see BB some day they are well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lucky you - I love Tokyo! All the food looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh everyone is going to Japan on holidays.. I wanna go too!! Looks like you had an awesome holiday - so many snack stops! And I assume you indulged in all that glorious makeup shopping? Teeheehee

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...