Fwends! ♥

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge - Summer Must-Haves

This week's Weekly Photo Challenge is all about Summer essentials. Summers here in California can get rather hot but very dry.
I don't ever have to deal with any humidity (which I am thankful for). However, when it gets super hot makeup will start to melt no matter how dry the air is hahahha
Here are my must-haves!

1. Base Makeup [sunscreen, foundation, powder, etc.]
Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup: It's very thin but has great coverage. Lasts all day but doesn't cake up. I believe this is discontinued but they have a new version which I haven't tried before.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: Formula is very similar to the Diorskin. Thin but great coverage.
Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream: It goes on very cool and light. Feels great on a hot day. It contains a high water content so it's great for the hot and dry CA weather.
Biore UV Bright Face Milk: SPF is an absolute must.
MAC Blot Powder: To keep the face from looking super shiny.



2. Point Makeup [blush, eyeshadows, etc.]
I still use powder blushes during the Summer but love cream shadows because they last longer.
Canmake Cream Cheek
Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek: super cute packaging!
Cargo Cheek Activator: Reviewed it here!


Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Shadow: Helps eyeshadows last longer
L'Oreal Color Infallibles: easy to use and long lasting
Dolly Wink Liquid Liner: A long lasting waterproof/sweatproof liner is an absolute must.
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus: A waterproof/sweatproof mascara is also a must. It doesn't get more non-budging than this one lol
Urban Decay Primer Potion: A good shadow primer to prevent your eye makeup from melting!


Nivea A Kiss of Shimmer Lip Balm: Gives a shimmery pink sheen and also has SPF 10
YSL Glossy Stain: Super long lasting but not gross & sticky. The worst thing on a hot day is gloopy & sticky gloss.


3. Sunglasses/Hat etc.
Huge sun hat: bought it on a whim at Target. I rarely ever go outdoors so I've yet to use it & summer is almost over hahahha but I just know that if I ever go to the beach, I'll need it!
Sunglasses: I wear them everyday. Can't drive without them. Love the case this pair came with! In the summer time, I like to wear these brown ones.
Scarf: Like Yumeko, I am obsessed with scarves. I am always buying them regardless of season. I got this orange one at the Gap for less than $10 hehehe


4. Deordorant/Body Spray/Perfume
Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth: I mainly got it because it is rose scented. I don't think it is too effective at minimizing stubble...
Chanel Chance Eau Tendre: My fave summer scent at the moment


5. Other Must-Haves for Summer
Hand sanitizer: Sweaty hands mixed with dirt is gross hahaha
Facial mist: feels so refreshing on a super hot day. I like to take this if I go to a theme park.
Sheet masks: Feels super cooling and refreshing after a hot day. Because it's pretty dry here, definitely need to rehydrate the skin more.
Blotting papers


Feel free to join the Weekly Photo Challenge!
Sorry I am always super late though. Work is stupidly insane these days so it's hard to find time & decent lighting *whines*
But thanks for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Beast song! The video is so stupid and unrealistic though hahaha


♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. heehee we both like the bloth powder and yay for scarf love
    love tat orange scarf!!! i want to wear more coral and orange this season
    i bought like a bright coral top but havent worn it yet [from F21 haha]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging of Asian products. They're so cute! Holika Holida Aqua Jelly BB is just plain cute and sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love your picks - a lot of eye makeup I have myself and couldn't agree more with Canmake cream blushes! Definitely need to look into Boujois Healthy Mix foundations.. everytime I look at their testers I'm rather put off though >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Biore sunscreen is amazing! Great product and superior protection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great summer essentials. I find it difficult to find makeup/foundation that stay put in hot summer days. Everything tends to melt cuz i sweat like crazy, so i just go with sunscreen and baby powder everyday. Beach hat must be my fave summer accessory next to sunglasses, i even wear it when doing my garden...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to check out your foundation picks!! i've been feeling like what i'm using is it a bit heavy right now!!!!!

    and i totally agree with you on the evian mist, the bath and body anti bac and sheet masks!! those are my airplane essentials too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing summer picks. :] I'll definitely have to check some of these things out for the coming summer. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really need to try that Dior foundation! it sounds awesome and just what i need. i'm like you, i'm a big fan of cream blush. i've heard glowing reviews about the tattoo shadows. thanks for this list! excellent choices.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm off to purchase a pair of sunnies today, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deodorant is must have for me. My gosh, i have hecka sweaty pits :/ hahaha I've never seen that dark pink Dolly wink liner before. mmhmmmmm I need to try that. The Mac Blot Powder seems quite interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these weekly challenges :) and I love the scarf you bought :) I have nominated you for the sweet blogger award :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for those sun essentials! I have a big floppy hat too. Hope you get use it before summer ends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Guava and Grapefruit hand sanitiser looks like it would smell so nice! The cooling sensation that the Jelly BB cream would be great for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...