Fwends! ♥

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge - All Star [Makeup] Edition

Woohooo another photo challenge!
 This week is the All Star Makeup Edition. Check out the All Star Skincare/Bodycare Edition if you'd like :D

1. Super Star: Something you have used for over a year and are still using
MUFE HD Powder: Best loose powder I've tried. Have been using for 3+ years! It's kinda pricey but one container lasts me a year. I only buy it when the Sephora F&F sale comes around once a year hehehe
Biore UV Bright Face Milk: Liquid sunscreen that quickly absorbs into my skin and gives a slightly matte finish. It looks like a small bottle but lasts a good few months.
Urban Decay Primer Potion: An absolute must for my oily lids to prevent any eyeshadow from creasing and fading.
Fairy Drops Volume & Curl Burst Waterproof Mascara: My favorite mascara of all time!!! Have gone through at least 7 tubes of this lol
Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: Super pigmented and easy to use. No smudging!



2. Fast Rising Star: Something you have used for over 6 months and will continue to use
Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact: I got this at the beginning of the year and only use this once in awhile because it's too pretty and I don't want to mess up the design too much. Yeah *lame* bwahhahaa
Fairy Drops Creamy Treatment Base Mascara: Gives an extra boost of volume especially on the lower lashes.
Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick: Pigmented & moisturizing. Also lovely packaging. *win*
L'Oreal Color Infallibles: Super pigmented, creamy, and easy to use!



3. Number 1 Draft Pick: Something you just started using and are loving
Sleek Blush By 3: All 3 shades are gorgeous and easy to wear. Cheap too!
MAC Blot Powder: Recommended by Yumeko & Jian. Works great for touch up throughout the day.
YSL Glossy Stain: Long lasting yet moisturizing
Gosh Cosmetics Volume Lip Shine: Doesn't exactly add volume to my lips but the color is lovely and very pigmented. Not sticky either. Picked this up in London.
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: Recommended by Jian as well XD Helps makeup last all day long.
Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream: Great coverage and long lasting.


4. The Fail: Something you tried recently that doesn't work for you
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil Liner: I know tons of people swear by this but this smears like crazy on me. It's super pigmented but doesn't last on my waterline very long.
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream: I got this years ago but tried it again recently. I still hate it hahaha It has good coverage but it looks very cakey and the color is wayyyy too ashy & light. No bueno.


5. The Experiment: Something you bought and are going to try next
Most of these things I got many months ago but still haven't gotten around to trying. *hoarder* ^o^
Majolica Majorca Blush
Bourjois Bronzing Powder: Will start using after I run out of NARS Laguna (which I have hit pan on. Yay!)
Majolica Majorca Lash King: Fairy Drops will dry out soon
Kate Super Sharp Liner: Dolly Wink is started to dry out


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the Olympics have begun!! I am obsessed and watch it every night.
My favorite are the men's swimming events. Tall good looking men with smooth & lean bodies, what's there not to like? Yeah, perving hard bwahahhaha
Gymnastics is also pretty intense. It's probably the only place where I'll see people shorter than me XD

Ya feel me? ^_~


And it wouldn't be the Olympics without those Visa commercials narrated by Morgan Freeman's epic voice hahahha


Do you watch the Olympics? What country do you root for? 
I am usually for team USA unless there is someone particularly good looking on another team LOL
♥♥♥

P.S. My SkinCareRx giveaway ends tomorrow night! Last chance to join :D

16 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in
    i had all kinds of things to say till i read ur last part on how u would root for a team if they have someone particularly goodlooking

    HAHAHA u are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago I always used to root for Team GB but they absolutely freaking suck. These days just give up and root for China cos they will probably win anyway. Ahahahahaha...

    ^o^ Yayyyy for items that we rec-ed that you like! Hahaha... I wish I could do this too, but I don' thave any of my fail items with me since I obviously wouldn't bring them with me on holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post, it is always interesting to see what works and doesn't from other bloggers...I have been losing sleep from watching the Olympics, I agree with the eye candies:0

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun post! I like the fairy drops but the original one actually smudges on me quite a bit.. wonder if the waterproof one will do the trick. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently using the Biore UV sunscreen as well. I like that it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy! I had a similar experience with the Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream - it was too cakey and white on me.

    By the way, the Jill Stuart blush is so pretty~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, is the Fairy Drops mascara really That good? 7 tubes!
    Lash King is also on my list to try next. Trying to be good and finish up the one I have atm, though.

    Not particularly big on the Olympics though I did watch the important clips of the opening ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, you're definitely the make up queen. I think it's best I don't reveal what my make up stash look like. I think everything can fit into my daughter's sandwich school lunchbox with space to spare! It's a bit nuts really with Olympics having lived in a number of countries. If it's NZ against the world, it'll have to be former. But I'll root for AUS, GB, US, Malaysia and China.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha...I love how it's all about looks for you and the Olympics! I totally GET IT. XD Those male swimmers have crazy amazing bodies.

    I'm too lazy to do photo challenge posts but love reading them! I'm with you on UDPP and Dolly Wink eyeliner being staples. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stay up until midnight every night now, watching the Olympics. I'm obviously rooting for Team USA, but I'll cheer on England too! Oh my goodness, you should see some of the diving guys! They're pretty cute too. :D

    PS I like how you mentioned that gymnastics is the only place, where you'll see people shorter than you. That's how I feel too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the olympics!! Definitely go Team Aus! Even though for some reason we are cursed in the pool this year ~_~
    I also love watching gymnastics and basketball

    Have you tried the dolly wink mascara?

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the olympics! And going to team Aus!! but we are somehow cursed in the pool this year missing out on a lot of gold!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have a lot of pretty makeup! I'm actually pretty impressed you hit pan for NARS Laguna. I never hit pan. :X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, I love your rating system! That's what I'm thinking when I use products. HAHAHA Love the infallible eye shadows and i've got to try the Dior addict lipstick. There's a lot on your list that I haven't tried so thank you :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I was rooting for Lochte and Phelps. I love swimming and gymnastics.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!!! I love your makeup picks! :) I totally want to try some of them! haha I watch the gymnastics too!! The guys are hott!!! like hawtt lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, the Biore sunscreen is my favorite, too! i've only discovered it a month ago but i am stocking up on these. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...