Fwends! ♥

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gmarket Haul!

I had some credit in my Gmarket account from nearly 3 years ago that I never used.
Out of boredom one night, I decided to browse the Gmarket site to see if I can use up that credit. And that explains how I spent the next 3 hours of my life.

After hours of staring at the epileptic inducing site I finally made my order. Also thanks to Vicky, the Gmarket pro, for some tips XD
Gmarket only provides EMS shipping for overseas orders. Which means everything arrives super quick, within 5 days. It also means shipping will cost you more than the cost of the items you purchased >o< But because most of the stuff on Gmarket is super cheap, it kinda evens out in the end.


From seller 스타일 옷장 I purchased 2 clothing items.
When I buy clothes on Gmarket, I tend to only buy loose fitting shirts, tunics, or dresses since I know those will most likely fit me well. Practically all clothing items, aside from pants & jackets, are free size.

I got this heather grey cotton knit dress. The material is pretty sturdy and thick. I love the pockets!! This is very comfortable to wear and work appropriate when paired with tights.
The fit is loose but not baggy as if you're wearing a sack lol


I also ordered this sweatshirt tunic. I swear I ordered the charcoal grey color but it looks more brown than charcoal. It's ok since the color isn't hideous.
This is way bigger than I thought it would be but great for a casual day with leggings. I can imagine wearing it on the plane. Airport fashion is very important! LOL
The material is a thick sweatshirt material, but not fuzzy inside.


Items from this seller are both good quality for the price. I'd say the craftsmanship is better than a lot of the stuff seen at Forever 21. The seller also had more than enough photos for each item she was selling.
Make sure to study the photos carefully when deciding what to buy! Sometimes the models can be deceiving lol anything looks good on a 5'10" 100lb model!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a scarf addict, I ordered 2 scarves from seller babisoo

I got this moss green (no idea why it looks blue in photo) polka dot scarf. I like that half of the scarf is big dots and the other half is smaller dots. When you wrap it around, the patterns mix and add a lot of dimension to your outfit. I love that it's pretty long and wide as well. Material is very soft and thin.


The other scarf is a rusty orange houndstooth pattern. In hind site, this is probably more Fall appropriate but whatever =P
It's a thin acrylic knit material. One complaint is that the this snags very easily. It got caught on my rings a few times and snagged T_T


I like how this seller always provides measurements for all the scarves. It's helpful since pictures can be misleading. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I had to order some makeup!
I ordered 2 VOV Castle Dew palettes from 더천사. However, the seller ended up sending me a wrong palette. 
I was super annoyed but the seller ended up giving me a refund, which I was not really expecting.


I ordered the Diacut Eyes 9 Colors in BE901.


The wrong palette that was sent to me was the Diacut Eyes 9 Colors in BE906. I had ordered the Diacut Eyes Multi Type in M601. The color names for the two palettes aren't even close! SMH
Regardless, I am now stuck with this pastel palette. I never wear pastels...I wonder how the hell I'll make it work O.o


Reviews and swatches for both will be in upcoming posts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been forever curious about the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream


The BB cream comes in this heavy jar. A large sponge is included. 


Review will be coming up soon for this as well!
I ordered this from seller 홀리카홀리카, which is the official Holika Holika Gmarket seller I believe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, Gmarket needs to be 100x more user friendly. Despite there being an English version of the site, a lot of stuff is still written in Korean. Such as item name, color, description, etc. It definitely takes some time to get used to. 
And if you can't read Korean, you better have a good memory and good matching skills so you can match the characters to find what you want HAHAHA
It's definitely the cheapest place to find unique stuff though. Check it out if you have a few hours to spare ^o^

Since this post is about Korean stuff...will end with this Korean Coke commercial lol
Damn, wish I was part of the marketing team that came up with this concept!


♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Great haul ^_^
    It seems like holika holika is everywhere these days! Need to try them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a period of time when I was hooked to GMarket coz of all the cheap lovely things available there. However I found the site not very user friendly and had a hard time navigating my way around that I wound up not buying anything.

    Glad that you managed to find good quality clothes there.

    The eyeshadow palette looks like LV monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee Castle Dew packaging!! The imprints are SUPER CUTE!! I really like the second palette with the blue! It looks so pretty for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the spotted and houndstooth scarves :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul judgy!

    I think for the pastel palette maybe you can use Lisa Elridge's tutorial on YT for pastel look... it might work, you're pale as heck :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayy haul post!! Great haul!! I have more credit that I have to spend again.
    It'll prob sit in my account for a couple of years again before I have the patience to browse around LOL. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh shoot, excited to see you review the Jelly bb cream. I've been a bit curious! I want to order from Gmarket but I just cannot get over the shipping. I HATE paying for shipping! Plus the possible custom fees.. gah.. I'll stick to eBay. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your items! I love the eyeshadow. The colors are so pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, heard so much about this site, I've browsed but it's not the easiest to navigate! I don't think I'll ever be confident enough unless i know the brand for sure of sizing for clothes so none of that for me! Wrong palette? Oh no...well, make it work or maybe try selling it?

    Ooo...I've seen of that jelly bb too! Hope to hear more about how it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got awesome stuff!! These clothing items look so comfy indeed! :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great finds - i love the sweatshirt tunic, it looks so comfy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see your review on the bb cream. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the gmarket Japanese version is pretty efficient although I have never tried the English version. Nice haul - you can get some great bargains at the Gmarket!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree with you. Not sure if you saw my post on my first Gmarket haul and even that was through an agent because I cannot work out the site. I must be a bit daft or something because I've tried following tutorials and still don't get it. IT all stems from a lot of the site still being in Korean even though it's supposed to be the English version. Gah!
    I love your haul, though. The palettes are SO pretty! I love it! Just staring at it makes me happy. Too bad they sent you the wrong one, though.

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...