Fwends! ♥

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rimmel HD Glam'Eyes Union Jack Palette: English Oak

A few weeks ago, Walgreens had a 50% off sale on all Rimmel products.
Being the weakling that I am when it comes to sales, I bought the Rimmel HD Glam'Eyes Union Jack Palette in 002 English Oak.


I was attracted to the copper & rusty red shades in this palette. Not your typical neutral brown palette.
One thing I don't like is the design of the palette. The red & copper shades are hard to reach with a bigger brush or finger since they are so tiny! 
You need to be very precise when dipping your brush into the palette to get the shade you want.


The shadows are super pigmented and easy to swatch. The colors are very intense. 
I have been obsessed with rusty reds and copper shadows lately. The dark brown has a bit of glitter in it but it's not chunky & is barely visible when applied. 


I used the brown over the entire lid then used the rusty red in the crease. 


Then I lined the lower lash line with the brown and copper and highlighted with the highlight shade. 


Love this palette!! The shadows don't fade which is a huge plus.
I hate when shadows fade into a dull color & end up all looking the same on your eyes by the end of the day.


These palettes are really cheap, about $5 at drugstores.


I used Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack to line my eyes. I find that it does not smudge on me anymore now that the gel liner has dried up a bit. So if you want your gel liner to stop smudging, let it dry out a bit!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I painted my nails with China Glaze Ray-Diant, which is part of their new Prismatic Collection
Ray-Diant has a greenish-gold shimmer with multi-colored glitters throughout. 


It is definitely very pretty and unique but...I'm not blown away. 
From the reviews I've read, I thought it'd be a bit more...prismatic? I don't find them holographic either, which is what they are described to be.
Or maybe I own too much glitter nail polish already and nothing can really wow me anymore hahaha


These can be found at Sally's for about $6.99. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This song is so catchy even though I am not a big fan of Shinee. The original video is lame but this dance version is awesome!!
Damn, they can dance.
Damn, that guy with the horrid long hair...wtf? Did he really not protest after seeing himself in the mirror?


♥♥♥

29 comments:

  1. I always love how you do your eye makeup! You have gorgeous eyes. ;)

    Cute nail polish too! Very Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh the colours in the palette are gorgeous! I love how warm in tone they are. Your nails are super pretty as well, I'd be wowed by them. I love the multicoloured glitter. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i miss you and your posts! love how you do your review and your lovely swatches! thanks for continuously sharing with us! mmuahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely packaging! But not really practical huh? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color palate and the nail polish. As a professional, I can tell you that your blending technique is quite impressive. BTW, I am having a giveaway, if you have time, I would love it if you entered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that nail polish is really pretty.. but looking at it gives me anxiety because i already know how difficult it is going to be to get it off HAHAHA.. OMG I'm SO OCD HAHAHAHAHA.

    i love how you do your eye make-up so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The eye shadow looks great on you :D But I don't get that packaging! It's so weird and it's difficult to get the product especially the small ones. :O

    www.forest-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i envy your makeup skills so machhhh maknae-ahhh!!! pretty as always, even if we only see your eyes hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. that color palette looks super AWESOME on you! great pigmentation. LOVE it girl >.<
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Rimmel makeup, but haven't had the chance to pick up this one (or other colors) yet!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. you eyes look gorgeous..i don't have any shhadow s similar to this but it's a favourite look of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this look! browns and golds are my favorite and I will check this out. I need to go to Ulta this evening. And the nails are perfect as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look pretty as usual! *^_^* Can't believe they had a half off sale and I missed it. T_T I don't know...haha...those look pretty blingy to me already. So which is your fave glittery polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really like the glitter polishes from Sephora by OPI even though they are expensive. but no particular brand favorite for glitter polishes, just whichever i spot randomly in stores or read thru blogs XD

      Delete
  14. OOo I'm so in the hunt for sparkly nail polish :) Everytime you wear them I'm like so eager to go buy some! But china glaze isn't very accessible here

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome right? I can wear it for 12 hrs straight without any fading but yah the design is annoying.
    Did not get Prismatics cos they were not...prismatic enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The palette looks great on you!!! And beautiful EOTD as always :D I still haven't tried them yet LOL

    Wow Shineee! :O They dance so well!! Most of their hairstyles are like WTF, that long hair is gross XD And is that guy wearing shorts and tights?! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty look! How do you get your brows to look so good? It is so clean and everything no in-grown hairs. Im addicted to this song of their mainly becuz I love the dance routine. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That palette is so nice! I haven't seen these but they are much better than I would have expected!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, beautiful palette! The colors look gorgeous on you.

    And yay SHINee!! lol that's Taemin the maknae with the long hair, and I agree, I don't like it on him. He's actually rather good looking (I think in the Lucifer video, he's the one wearing the black & green hoodie), but SHINee is known for pushing fashion styles, I guess. XD Well I still love SHINee hehe just hoping though that future albums will have better hair style (and even better songs, keke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I lied, I think that was Key in the hoodie in Lucifer, lol. =X

      Delete
    2. LOL thanks for the detailed explanations kekeke

      i actually quite liked Lucifer. i just couldn't stand the engrish in that song bwahahahhaa

      Delete
    3. Lol what can I say, I'm a SHINee girl! Even though they're soooo young, *sigh. Ok I think I was right the first time that it was Taemin in the hoodie, haha. As a group their English pronunciation is pretty good hehe. Keke time for me to go find them around town! jk

      Delete
  20. English Oak looks smashing on you! Very elegant indeed. I too have trouble with the tiny compartments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW i luv the nail colour so pretty, reminds me of a few sephora by Opi colours that i own...i saw the union jack shadows at my local drug mart too, i luv the packaging but still wasn't sure if i want to buy them, your post just made me even more curious~~~


    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your eyeliner looks against your eyeshadow. Your makeup looks are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the same palette! Love how you worked with the copper tones. I find that copper a little too warm on me, but it looks perfect on you! Lovely nails too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My initial reaction was how much I loved the design but then I realized how difficult it would be to actually use as you said. So I guess it's not very practical. >< It looks SO good on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the shades! And especially how you've done them as usual! But I've got too many similar shades! Grr! :)

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...