Fwends! ♥

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Red Bean Mochi Cake

Out of boredom, I baked a Red Bean Mochi Cake last week. It turned out to be super easy. I followed this tutorial.


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup sugar
16oz (1lb) sweet rice flour
2 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
few drops of vanilla extract
1 can red bean paste

In the video, she made two 9in cakes but I was lazy so I just made 1 large cake in a 9x13in pan.
Grease the pan with oil or cooking spray.


Preheat oven to 350F.


In a large bowl, beat the 3 eggs.


Add 1/2 cup oil & 2 1/2 cups milk. Mix well.


Add baking powder and sugar.
Mix until well combined, takes about 1 minute.


Add in the sweet rice flour in 3-4 parts.
Make sure to mix well before adding more flour.


Continue until all 16oz of flour are incorporated into the batter.
You will see that the batter becomes thick and a bit sticky.


Pour half of the batter into the pan.
Bake for 50 minutes.
If you are making this in 9in cake pans, bake for 25 minutes.




Cake will get crispy and start to crack a bit on the surface.
It's ok if it looks ugly, we're covering it up anyway XD


Spread the can of red bean paste evenly. I like to leave a clean edge around the cake so the filling is well sealed.


Pour the rest of the batter over the red bean filling.
Bake at 350F for another 50 minutes.


Finished!
Allow the cake to cool completely before cutting and serving.


Eat!
The texture is chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.


The mochi cake gets hard after a couple days so I recommend eating it quickly ^o^
But if you put it in the toaster oven or microwave for a few minutes, it will soften up again. I prefer toasting it so the outside gets crispy again!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been watching Dream High 2. Despite the nonsensical storyline, I still watch because Jinwoon is so kyoooote!!! 


heeeeheeee how can you not ♥ him?! 


Ok, I'm done freaking out. 
Will end my blabbing with Jinwoon's song! Have been obsessed with this song since he sang it in the drama XD


♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. That actually looks really good T___T i kinda wanna make some now .... loving the recipes you post ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at red bean and mochi :) Thanks for sharing!
    Happy weekend!
    rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so good girl! I've never had one. Thanks for sharing your recipe and pics. Have a fabulous and fun weekend.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i'd like to try his recipe out once im done with my diet. it looks easy to do, but i'll probably do a smaller portion than what you have though...my husband LOVE red bean related desserts..thx for sharing

    jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yumm!! I've always wanted to try making mochi! they are yumminess

    Mary
    simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of my favorite things: red bean and mochi! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum I love mochi :D and I have to say, Jinwoon is such a cutie pie especially in that photo with the chocolate. It's his eye smile for sure, he's favourite from 2am !

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that sounds so good!
    I haven't had red bean mochi cake in awhile now >_<
    Usually my cousin would make some for the holidays, but lately she's been practicing backing other things like cakes and pies, so no mochi


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore mochi! I'm going to give this a go when I have a bit more time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so tasty! I wonder if fruit spreads would work too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks soooooooooo gooooooooooooooood.

    Gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Jinwoo's eye smile. haha ♥

    mmm red bean. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man this looks good :) Will have to try this one day!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a good cook, it looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhh Mona did a great job with this tutorial - your version looks just as yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was really delicious and so much easier than making daifuku style mochi. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...