Fwends! ♥

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taiwan Trip: Pineapple Cake!

Pineapple cake (鳳梨酥) is one of the most popular pastries in Taiwan. Lots of bakeries make it. But the most famous & tastiest place is Chia Te Bakery (佳德糕餅) in Taipei.
There is always a huge line-up at this store. They only let in a certain number of people at a time. Cray cray!


They are famous for their pineapple cakes, which they have no shortage of.


They also have a huge variety of fruit pastries. Such as cranberry, cherry, plum, etc.
The place is self-serve, so you grab a box and fill it up with whichever types you want.


Aside from these pastries, they also have a huge variety of freshly baked bread & desserts.
Ohmahgawd errrthang is so freaking good!



When I go in, I am tempted to grab whatever I see. It's so easy to fill up a few trays of goodies :0~


Their egg tarts are the biggest ones I have ever seen. Deep dish egg tarts hahaha
So yummy!! Especially since I have always loved the custard filling more than the crust XD


This place is a must visit if you like pastries & such.
Be prepared to elbow a bunch of people to get what you want because it's always packed inside. Use your elbows!


Address & Information:
Chia Te Bakery Co. - 佳德糕餅 (website)
No. 88, Sec. 5, Nanjing East Road
Songshan District, Taipei City
Tel: 886-2-8787-8186

Hours: 7:30AM - 9:30PM
Nearest MRT Station :
Nanjing E. Rd. Station


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     

Another place that also has really good pineapple cakes is SunnyHills
This location is extremely quaint and peaceful. The decor is very minimal but classy & service is ridiculously excellent. This place only sells pineapple cake.


Right when you walk in, you will be served with a complimentary pineapple cake & cup of hot tea. As you enjoy, you can decide how many boxes of pineapple cake you want to purchase.


The pineapple cakes here are made with all natural ingredients, with no preservatives. They taste very different from the traditional pineapple cakes. 
Because the ingredients are all natural, the filling is quite tart and you can really taste the flavor of pineapples. 


These are pretty expensive compared to pineapple cakes sold at other places. But this is because these are all natural and are made fresh each morning.
Because of this, these can only be kept for 2 weeks at most.


I think these are extremely unique and worth checking out. Especially if you like your desserts a bit tart.
If you do end up going, I would recommend going early in the day, before noon. Once they sell out for the day, that's it.
SunnyHills does a more modern take on pineapple cake whereas Chia Te is more traditional.
The place is quite hidden, so I am baffled by the amount of Japanese tourists that know about this place & were able to find their way there XD

Address & Information
SunnyHills at the Park (website)
1F, No. 1, Alley 4, Lane 36, Sec. 5, Minsheng East Road 
Songshan District, Taipei City
Tel: 886-2-2760-0508
Hours: 10AM - 8PM

They also have a location in Singapore, at the Raffles Hotel.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

This video is freaking weird, the beginning reminds me of The Ring *shudders* 
But the song is growing on me after a few listens. Their new album is really good, check it out!


♥♥♥

30 comments:

  1. You're right! SunnyHills does have THE best pineapple cake ever! They taste less oily and the filling ACTUALLY tastes like REAL pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of pineapple cake before this post, thanks for the info...wonder if we get it here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum yum i love pineapple cake and taiwanese pastries.. i will SOO be checking these places out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think I've ever had a pineapple cake before.....

    I can't imagine an entire shop ONLY selling pineapple cake. man that is CRAY!!!! :O

    I wanna goooo and try all the yummmy pastries! AND that egg tart...looks like it would be so good to eat with a spooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh... Those egg tarts x.x *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever any of our family or friends go to Taiwan, they always bring us back a box of Chia Te pineapple cakes. Nom nom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok drools once again!! man i wish I had went to this bakery when I went to Taiwan I would have bought so many more pineapple cakes!! and I would have loved to try the tart ones too!!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, I'm dying here just looking at these photos!! What I'd give to be able to eat these now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I just remembered how much I love Sunnyhill's pineapple cakes. The pineapple filling tastes so good *o*

    Must bug my dad to go buy some when he next flies to Taiwan for business or something.. and then get him to Fedex me a box. Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about chia pineapple cakes.. my hubby keeps on raving about it, poor me- i haven't tried that amazing cake tho =) yummmm what can i do now is ogle and drool hahha yummmie.. photos are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my friend brought back some pineapple cakes from the first place for me! If it's the same place, they're ridiculously tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome post! my parents are from taiwan though i was born in the U.S., but i love visiting there whenever i can!! I love pineapple cake too hahah~~ i feel like taiwan has so many eatery places it is hard to visit all of them. but i will try to visit this one next time. keep in touch! cool blog~

    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG....Fong Li Soo? Did I spell this ping ying rite? I don't know how to do it but OMG I am salivating. Showed my mom pix of your Taiwan trip and she absolutely knew where all these places were and said that you hit her favorite bubble tea place :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG the egg tarts looks delicious. Jealous that I can't go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're making me so hungry!... lol~ The pictures of the food looks delicious *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg.... I want to go back to Asia. The bakery fooloood. Why must you do this to me?! Godamn. On my to go list if i can visit taiwan sometime soon *____*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE Pineapple Cake - thanks for the sexy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sureeee my mom will love that cakeeee, (the second one), that EGG Tart look sooo yummyyyyyyy ;_;
    Thanks for this recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm those pictures make me hungry! Thanks for sharing such wonderful moments of your trip :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg pineapple cake is one of my fav things to eat in taiwan!! I brought 2 boxes back last year and had 1 everyday for a good 2 months HAHAHAA so jealous you went!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yum the pineapple cakes look delicious but egg tarts are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg, i was just drooling. they all look absolutely delish!

    so awesome you like miss a. love them!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooh the bakery looks so good!
    i love tiwanse style bakery.
    those egg tarts look so yummmmmyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm super drooling over all the bakery going there, especially the egg tart!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pineapple cakes and egg custard tarts are some of my faves! I am salivating looking at all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post already made me gain extra 5 lbs just by seeing these heavenly delicious carbs!!! Oh my god i want to eat these pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmmmmmmm! Looks so good! I would go crazy in there. HAHAHAHA
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in fact glad to read this blog posts which consists of lots of helpful data,
    thanks for providing these information.
    Feel free to visit my web site ... cheap cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are really enormous ideas in on the topic of blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious things here. Any way keep up
    wrinting.
    Also visit my blog ... Signs Of Erectile Dysfunction

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mау I ѕimply sаy what a comfοrt tο dіsсoνer somеοne ωhο genuіnеly knoωѕ what they arе tаlκіng about online.
    Υou actually realіze how to bгing an
    iѕѕuе to light and mаκe it imρоrtant.
    A lot moгe ρеoρlе should look аt thiѕ anԁ unԁerѕtаnԁ this ѕide of your stοгy.

    ӏt's surprising you aren't more ρopular becauѕе
    you сeгtainlу possess thе gіft.
    My web page :: bypasscaptcha

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...