Fwends! ♥

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow

The Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadows have been raved about everywhere these days.
Being easily influenced (a very obvious fact lol) I decided to try it out! I played it safe and got one of the more neutral shades.


Bad to the Bronze is a bronze shade that has a taupey undertone. In the pot, it actually looks a bit copper.
Sorry, I couldn't wait and stuck my grubby finger in it before I could take a photo -_-


When swatched, it looks rather taupe. But at certain angles, it can look very copper.
This color is very metallic & shimmery.
The cream shadow swatches very easily and doesn't go on splotchy. Super pigmented!


Maybelline claims:
"Dare to wear our longest-lasting shadow.
Our ink technology creates super-saturated color.
Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant color that does not fade." 
I am not one to wear my makeup for 24hrs. I'm not Snooki, I actually remove my makeup before I go to bed.
Therefore, I have no idea if these actually hold up for 24hrs.


They definitely did not crease or fade after about 12hrs of wear though.
I applied Bad to the Bronze all over the lid & put L'Oreal Color Infallible in Purple Obsession on the outer corner.
Applied everything with my finger. Super quick!
Too bad the lighting was too bright, Bad to the Bronze did not show up too well on camera D:


I am quite impressed. Even on my super oily lids, the cream shadow did not crease all day. I did not even bother to put on a similar powder shadow over it to set it.
I did use Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath though.


These are comparable to MAC Paint Pots for sure. I find that MAC Paint Pots set too quick, making it difficult to blend out if you aren't speedy enough with your application.
These Color Tattoos are creamier and give you more time to apply & blend out the shadow. Plus they are wayyyy cheaper.
They are only $5-$7 while Paint Pots are $17.50. :O


Definitely check these out if you can find them.
So far, they are quite difficult to find, especially the more neutral shades. The displays I come across are usually empty.
I don't think I will get any other shades though. I don't need any and I am not one to wear psychedelic bright shades on my eyes.

I can't recall what made me give judgy face >.>
Probably just life in general haha


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's time for a nice flashback to the 90s, when music was the shit ^o^
Posh Spice really hasn't changed much. She was an expressionless cyborg back then too!
Sporty Spice really needs a bra...



♥♥♥

32 comments:

  1. Doesn't crease? LIKEY!!!

    I didn't expect it to be a cream shadow when I first heard about the Color Tattoo range. For some reason I thought that Maybelline jumped on to the stick on eyeshadow bandwagon hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so witty today!
    lol @ "i am not snooki" and "judgy face"
    i would have bought this shade if didn't have loreal infallible one.
    very pretty EOTDs as usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes look really pretty....I don't even use MAC's paint pots but looking at these photos make me wanna try these Maybelline ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I want to try this! and also, I love your makeup!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this on you! No creasing - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard about this eyeshadow :) Sounds good if it doesn't crease :) How do you take your shots? They look so amazing close up! haha
    Haha Spice girls! Relive that moment haha

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh this coppery bronze color is AMAZING!!! especially on you! i love that it doesn't crease!!

    hahah.. he does read my posts.. and he always acts like he's sooooo embarrassed "OMGGG WHY DID YOU POST THIS" blah blah blah.. but lets be honest.. he knows i post my life on my blog so.. i think secretly deep down he likes it AHAHAH.

    i only jacked two nutella's my sister however jacked 8.. she took 4 and my mom took 4 for her too... and then she would eat them straight out of the packet.. no bread.. no crackers nothing.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello fabulous lady :) This eyeshadow sounds awesome! I also use urban decay primer and noticed it's the best on the market and want to try this 24 hour tattoo eyeshadow. I was debating on the MAC paint pro but if it does dry quickly then this is my better option. Loved the Zhonngxiao East Road recap!!! I want to have tea at Dazzling cafe and your Kanebo kate volume gel mascara looks awesome! I saw some deborah lipmann polish and currently I want A Mermaid's dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, looks like the colour pops and glad it stays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha nice vid. i like what you did with this color. i'm so into taupe/browns recently.


    come say hello-
    www.stylemailbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg-- the color is rich and creamy! I love it! Gots to try this.

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  12. You def. had me LOLing a couple of times while reading this post :) The name Color Tattoo sounds a little daunting to me but given what you're saying about the wear I'm curious to try now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What made you give judgy face? I thought that was your neutral expression.

    Anyway duddeee this sounds amazing!! :O And I want the infallible in purple now cos of your fotd........ so pwetty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fierce girl. Always love your eye makeup. It is always good to hear that there are great finds among drug store brands..cha ching! I totally agree about the long wearing part, man who would wear makeup 24 hrs. I would do 5 hrs max.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!! This sounds great! Although I'm convinced all cream shadows are a no no for me :(

    Meh Posh Spice XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review! I keep on hearing about these but haven't been enabled yet.

    Your makeup is pretty as always!

    LOL! Love your Snookie potshot!

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooooo like paint pots? >.- seems pretty good so far. hahahaha I think you actually might be convincing me to try one. hahaha

    Omg the music video is like O.o what the heck. Yeah those two really need a bra. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super excited for the release... Probably in about 3 months, which of course by then you'll rub all the other lovely releases you guys have in the US in my face T^T it doesnt even look bad after you "stuck your grubby finger in" - better than what happens when i first use my things =| ahhh.. $17.50 is expensive for you? Im still not use to such pricings T.T here, i think paintpots are like $30+ o___o

    Haha back on the spice girls buzz? Good old times!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gosh wannabe reminds me of my tweenie-hood and the start of secondary school. Classic.

    On another note I really love your eye makeup! the way you apply the the purple is super pretty. If they sold Maybelline over in Japan like you'd have sold it to me. I will have a look for it in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are right, they are very hard to find. I picked up a few colors, orange, white and teal. No luck on the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone has been raving about these. I love the pigmentation! No crease is definitely a WIN for me. HAHAHA Those colors look awesome on you! I'll tell ya what I want, what I really, really want...those shadows! LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everyone's getting crazy about this! And I want one too :) This brown is gorgeous!
    By the way you're my featured blogger for this week! Congrats :) http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com/2012/02/shiny-and-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. The color is very pretty and it looks very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe...love that Snooki bit :P Your EOTD's are always so clear and pretty! I think it's awesome how long this e/s lasts. Btw, how do you do your eyebrows? (Wax, tweeze, thread?) They are always so well groomed. :)

    (Thank you for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel like Maybelline has really increased the quality of their beauty products.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  26. Does not crease or fade? Ooooohhh Maybelline's prices are really reasonable, too, so this might be something worth going for.

    Btw, what a random Spice Girl flashback! Hahaha I used to LOVE Spice Girls. Honestly! I thought they were great...I still do in some ways hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you apply eyeshadow. It's not too much but you still get vibrant color in there. I wish I could do this.

    Have you ever been to Shanghai? (Randomish question)

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi, omg love those on you,

    I wish I can get them here, would totally be brave enough to get a bunch of shimmery ones, my last last mac paint pot in bare study had a ton of shimmer in it, dried out like a dessert and was impossible to use :( or even dig out..sighh thanks for the review :D

    oh and maybe it was a cool thing to show your nipples? and it wasn't just sporty spice lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. wowza! that's new! never heard anything like that ^^ i want to have it!! hope i can find it here!

    Happy Valentine's day Hun!! muahh i miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  30. YAY! You got one of these too~ love this color! A very pretty neutral that'll last ya all day. :D

    SPICE GIRLS! Dude...I used to be HUMUNGO FAN. lol. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...