Fwends! ♥

Thursday, December 1, 2011

♫ For We Need a Little Christmas ♫

I made this Crustless Cranberry Pie for Thanksgiving. I have never had cranberry pie before but this turned out great!
It's very tart so if that's not your thing...sorry lol.
I got the recipe from All Recipes, a great site for finding new recipes to try out =]

This is so easy to make, can do it with your eyes closed XD

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour 
1 cup white sugar 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
2 cups cranberries 
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
1/2 cup butter, melted 
2 eggs 
1 teaspoon almond extract 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.


Combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
                 

Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts.



Toss to coat.


Beat the eggs.


Melt butter.


Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract



Mix until just combined.


 Spread batter into prepared pie pan.


Put in oven!


Bake for 40-55 minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven. Test it with a toothpick to see if it is ready.


Ta-da!!!


You can make this the night before your party or whatever. It will hold up well at room temperature.


It has more of a cake texture than a pie.
Give this a try if you are in a holiday dessert rut! It's pretty unique =]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't realized by now, I am obsessed with Christmas. 
We get a real Christmas tree at our house every year. It makes the home smell so festive & cheerful ^_^
This tree is only a few inches taller than me. Any taller & I would need damn ladder to decorate the top LOL


I try to keep it monochromatic with gold errrrthang ^o^


A few cheesy childhood ornaments to keep it interesting :D
Can't even remember where I got this Mickey from lol


Do you guys get a Christmas tree?? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously gonna end this post with a cheesy Christmas song hehe!
Wow...had no idea how old this song actually is till I watched the video o.O


One of my favorite Christmas songs mainly because they played it in my favorite Christmas movie Love Actually
If you haven't seen the movie, watch it! I love the storyline & how all the characters' stories intertwine.
Plus Hugh Grant & Colin Firth (aka Mr. Darcy teehee) are in it. They're quite easy on the eyes ;D
Oh & Professor Snape too!!! XD



Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday cheer! The malls are opened longer hours now *huzzahhh* 
♥♥♥

30 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I want to try this :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of cranberries lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg the cake looks so delicious! I saved the recipe... hehe~ Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! So festive! I can feel Christmas coming now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, did I ever tell you how your recipes make me want to bake!!! This does look easy to do...I like easy! hahah.

    YAY FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Your tree is so pretty. Which reminds me...I need to pull out our fake one soon as it can be decorated. lol.

    Christmas time is here~ happiness and cheer~ :D

    Ah, loveeee that Mariah Carey song. Such a classic. Love "Love Actually" too!!!! I think I have that on DVD somewhere...XD. Time to rewatch for that good ol Christmas cheer. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jingle Bells~
    ahh i want a tree too..but I bet my mum will nag about how space and dust eating that tree is XD

    after hearing the song I'm getting all festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoooaaaa, you're so good at making pie *O*, I love christmas too, but too bad I'm not celebrate it, I just love the decoration and the songs, it makes me feel so happy and warm :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your crazy fancy oven!!

    This looks SOOO YUMMEH. Maybe I will try it, I love custard so I dowse everything in it. XD Tart things + custard = BEST THING EVER!

    I looove that Mariah Carey song too! And Love Actually is pretty funny. It'll prolly come on TV this year around xmas. Typical xmas movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg so yummy,i like tart sweet things like maybe the cranberries pie! XD then again,i can't bake and...cranberries are expensive T.T but yum yum! might just go get some cheesecake later >.< feel like having some pastry naaao

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah you are on a baking spree huh? Loving all the recipes you are sharing! I still gotta try those sweet potato/pumpkin cookies! On my todo list hehe

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baking always seems so delicious, but I've never in my life actually seen a fresh cranberry before. Maybe it's more of an american thing.

    Love actually is the only chick flick I like as well haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely recipe! May just try baking soon these holidays :D
    You guys are so festive.. is this the American life? XD It's just like the movies i've watched! We have a tiny.. ugly, fake tree at our house XD We don't buy real ones (for my fear of bringing in spiders & other creepy bugs) Eee! I love the song & that movie ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhh that looks really yummy and easy to do!!! i'll try to do this.. i love sweets.. dessert is always the best! LOL

    I love your christmas tree too..
    I'll try to post mine =) *winks* but it's not real, i'm leaving in a tropical country.. hihi i might find a coconut tree instead yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so delicious and simple! It may be possible for even me to bake that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh this looks so simple that even I, the person who can't bake, could probably not screw this up. Probably.
    <3 tart things and cranberries so must try it!
    I wish we could get a real tree without dogs pissing on it and cats nomming it =_____="

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Actually is one of my fave movies! And I love that Mariah Carey song...hee hee. *^_^* Your pie looks delish and your tree is so sparkly and nice! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pie looks delicious. I have actually never ate a cranberry.

    Your tree is adorable. I have never had a real Christmas tree, but my grandmother used to and I always thought they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cranberry dessert looks really good! I don't think I've ever seen or tried anything like that before. I love your Xmas tree too - you did a great job of decorating it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. What??? An Asian family that gets a REAL xmas tree? O.M.G.... You are truly unique, my family uses our artificial tree from 1981. And you want me to don an 'ugly,' xmas sweater? Hehehe ok we'll see what I can come up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm looks so good!! :D your Xmas tree is beautiful btw... just so magical!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a really nice Christmas tree. I don't remember the last time I put up a tree but... I miss how nice ones look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your Christmas tree!! I purchased my supposedly 3 ft artificial tree only to find out that it barely touches 3 ft if I unfold the very top branch!!! Your cranberry pie looks amazing. Love Actually is my all time favorite movie

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks sooo yummy I want some lol hungry, btw since you're into Korean songs, I wanted to ask if you like Hyuna too xD I am listening to the Trouble Maker and some of her old songs :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nom nom! That looks delicious! You are great at baking :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks yum! I'm actually going to bake today - thanks for the inspiration! You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. damnnn i wish we lived closer together, i would constantly be mooching off your baking adventures lol

    christmas is my favorite holiday~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Christmas too! The cheery atmosphere! The lights, food, presents! <3 That tree is lovely! when I used to put up my family tree it's all funky coloured with various cheap ornament son it hahahaha but I love it that way, feels so homey =P But now I have my own personal tree, you know, one of those small dinky plastic ones that stand up to your waist, but it's pink so I can't argue =DD Can't wait to put it up, hope my dog won't attack my ornaments when Im gone!

    The pie looks delicious btw! Im glad you said its more like cake than pie since Im more of a cake fan =P I suck at packing too! hahaha Im not a light packer for sure so I could never do something crazy like backpack across Europe!!....At least I don't think I can =P Hope you're doing well dear!

    ReplyDelete
  28. the tree is awesome.... and the pie made me drool! :) i actually came from joey's blog, and browsed your blog. awesome nail art, and love various stuff on your posts. following on twitter and google, and hoping we can stay connected. have a great wknd!
    jasmine :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. AHhhhhh!! ;D close up of the tree!!! I love it! I can't wait to decorate ours. My parents have been waiting for me to come home. They've had the tree for like almost two weeks now, but have been waiting to decorate it until I got back. Maybe tomorrow or something we'll get to doing that :)


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...