Fwends! ♥

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Baking: All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake

My Thanksgiving baking streak continues. I have made this All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake the last few Thanksgivings. I found this recipe on the NY Times site.
It seriously tastes like a bite of Thanksgiving when you eat it XD

The ingredients list is long & there's some prep work but it's definitely worth the effort!

Ingredients1 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin purée
1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1 cup cranberries, halved or coarsely chopped
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped  

Preheat oven to 350F with rack on the center.
Butter or spray your bundt pan with a cooking spray. (My bundt pan is 10in)


Chop the fresh cranberries & peel & chop the apple. Set aside.


Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger powder.
Set aside.


With a hand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 or 3 minutes.


Add eggs 1 at a time & beat for 1 minute after each addition.



Beat in vanilla extract.


At low speed, mix in pumpkin puree. It'll look a little curdled & gross but don't worry! All will be well in the end =]


 Stir in apples.


Fold in dry ingredients in 2-3 additions. I like to do it by hand so I don't over mix.


Add cranberries.


Add in chopped pecans.


When everything is combined, pour the batter into the pan.


Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes.


At 60min, stick a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready.


Done!


Let it cool completely before inverting it onto a serving plate. 
If you buttered or sprayed your pan properly, it should come out easily.


So I failed & forgot to take a picture of the cake after I inverted it, but here's what it looks like on the inside.
It's very moist & you can taste all the spices. 
Thanksgiving in your mouth!


It's a good alternative if people in your family aren't a big fan of pumpkin pie. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was obsessed with this song & video when I was in elementary school. 
Now that I listen to it again...the lyrics are actually quite dirty for 10 year old me to listen to. LOL


Hope you all have a great holiday! :D
♥♥♥

P.S. I will be announcing giveaway winner tomorrow! Stay tuned ^_^

27 comments:

  1. Yum, this is so unique. I barely ever cook and I've never had bundt cake.

    xoDale
    savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe!! It looks so delicious ^____^ mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so skilled!!! T__T me want it, it looks so yummy~~

    ♔ cominica beauty blog ♔

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so good at baking! I need to get myself a bundt pan one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT LOOKS DELISH! I really need a slice of this NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Yum! I want some! That looks so good. :D Thanks for the recipe! HAHA I loved that song too. It's totally addictive. :D

    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks sooooo yummy! i want some too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what, I think you're better at baking than me. T.T Please come and bake for meeee! I want to eat this, I don't even have a bundt baking tin........

    OMG CHECK OUR YOUR FANCY OVEN THINGY! whats all the different light up conv bake bror???, meats, cakes, breads??? WTH is this?? :O And a lock so kiddies don't burn their lil fwingers?

    Ahahaha yeah the lyrics in aqua are pretty dirty, but then the lyrics of spice girls are pretty dirty too and we listened to that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh!! that looks so delicious!! all those cranberries in the bundt cake look so nommy!!

    omgosh barbie girl! i use to listen to that all the time too bahaha yes the lyrics are quite.. special hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks and sounds incredible! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg that looks yummeh! I so envy you guys who can bake and enjoy baking. I'd enjoy it more if only my cakes/desserts turn out well and it doesn't mess up half my kitchen. I can only make 1 or 2 things that I can safely label edible hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a fantastic pastry chef, I'd hire you to bake for me in a heartbeat!

    Some prep work? I'd say a LOT of prep work but the end result is just fabulous! Do you think it will survive the journey if you sent a piece for me to try? Haha *salivates*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really festive looking and I would love to see how all those flavors come together. Filing away to try in December!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks amazing. Definitely going to have to make that before the holiday season ends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I am definitely going to make this for the upcoming Xmas parties I have attend. I love cranberry and pumpkin. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bundt cake looks really yummy! Guess what, I've never baked anything ever in my life lol I am bookmarking this recipe, btw, for future use :) And LAWL on the video post! Omg... that song was sooo annoying back then, but after all these years, it's not so bad anymore hahah!

    Have a lovely Thanksgiving celeb, my dear!

    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please send.
    You're so house wifey lately xD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Check you and all your awesome cooking posts!

    This looks sooo yummy, I want some please!

    ahaha that song! Not so innocent now XD

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great alternative to pumpkin! But i love pumpkin too! And I still have to try out those sweet potato cookies! So many recipes and no time to bake!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG sounds so amazing! I have to try this! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh, this looks fantastic my dear! So decorative and colorful! *_* You and other fellow bloggers are tempting me to ATTEMPT to bake. XD Just looking at these pics makes me mouth water! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    --

    HAHA! Barbie Girl is such a classic. Even though it was quite dirty for us at that time...it sure beats some of the stuff that's on the radio today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yey! another recipe that I would like to try on! ♥ ♥ ♥
    I just hope we have all of the ingredients available here in the Pi. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds and looks delicious.. though i hate pecans.. it gives me a gross after-taste T.T

    Love your cooking posts though.. making me so hungry for some food >.<

    ReplyDelete
  24. very unique cake!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're so good with baking. Wish I could bake like you! Thank you for the recipe, it looks so delicious! It also looks like the ones you get from bakeries! Such a professional! =D

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohhhh that cake looks YUMMY =D

    i don't think i've ever had fresh cranberries before... hmmm

    LOL i've noticed that with a lot of shows and songs i used to listen/ watch... never knew what it meant until i watch it again now... and im like... wtf?? this is for kids or etc?? haha

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...