Fwends! ♥

Monday, November 7, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters Review

Herro! Herro! I spotted these new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters at my drugstores recently and the packaging was so cool I was instantly intrigued.

Here is the sneaky photo I took of the display. Idk how all of you do it, taking pictures of stuff in stores. I try my best to act as if I'm texting something or checking an email hahahaha I probably look really lame if someone was actually observing me XD

This is a terrible photo, I didn't even get the whole name of the product. Tsk tsk, I need more practice lol!


Apparently this will be added to Revlon's permanent collection so no need to freak & hoard all of them!
I ended up only picking up one just to try out.
Love the frosty transparent packaging!


I got the shade Cherry Tart. Trying my best to venture out & try bright shades.
Cherry Tart is...well a bright red, kinda like a cherry (go figure).


I was very surprised when I first swatched this because I was not expecting it to be this pigmented. I thought these would be glorified tinted lip balms but they run a fine line between lipstick & tinted lip balm.


So I was kinda freaked that I would hate this shade on my lips and that it would never be wearable.
But it is a very wearable red!! I really love this color & think it is great for the holidays.
It isn't too in-your-face so you can easily wear it for a day look.

There isn't a very obvious scent with these, which is nice. It goes on very smooth & sheer. Color is easily buildable & it isn't waxy at all.
Very moisturizing. But I would recommend you exfoliate your lips before applying or it can look kinda splotchy.


So here's the official information from Revlon (taken from Nouveau Cheap):
New Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butter is a softening, smoothing and instantly hydrating** balm for baby soft lips in 20 mouth-watering shiny shades. Each delicious shade contains hydrating properties that decrease the need for constant reapplication -- giving more time to flaunt vibrant lip color. In a study conducted by Revlon, 94%** of women saw a difference in their moisturization!
KEY FEATURES/BENEFITS/INGREDIENTS:
  • Pampering gel formula glides on lips butter smooth and instantly hydrates* lips
  • 94%** of women saw a difference in their lip moisturization
  • Medium coverage with a high shine finish
  • Mango Butter, Shea Butter and Coconut Butter naturally boost lip moisture
  • Gives balm-like feel to lips, making lips feel soothed, pampered and conditioned
  • Naturally fragrant with Vanilla Absolute

SHADES:
20 delicious shades:Pink Truffle, Sugar Frosting, Raspberry Pie, Tutti Frutti, Brown Sugar, Peach Parfait, Fig Jam, Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Cotton Candy, Berry Smoothie, Cupcake, Gumdrop, Creamsicle, Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Plum, Sweet Tart, Creme Brulee
AVAILABILITY: 
January 2012, drug and mass retailers nationwide and on Revlon.com
Even though they claim to not be available till January 2012, I've seen many of my Walgreens & CVS already having the displays out. So look out for them!

I think mine was around $7 but most of the drugstores have BOGO 50% off Revlon products practically every week.
Highly recommend!! ^_^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After what seems like eons of Walgreens hoping, I finally tracked down the Wet n Wild Ice Baby nail polish collection!!! *Huzzah* They are LE and only available at Walgreens. But I'll do a better review on them in a different post.

After finally getting the colors I wanted, I decided to test one out.
I painted my nails with OPI Brisbane Bronze & added 1 coat of Wet n Wild Believe Me, It's Real on my ring finger.


The glitter polish drives very gritty & rough. Even with a layer of top coat they still look textured. They'll need at least 2 layers of top coat to look smooth I think.
Very opaque glitter polish. 1 coat can practically cover your entire nail.


It shines amazingly under the light.
If you are able to track them down, get them!!! Adds to my holiday cheer XD


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of holiday cheer, Starbucks is back with the red cups!!! I am not a big coffee fan, especially Starbucks, but can't help pay for an overpriced cup of Peppermint Mocha or Pumpkin Spice Latte when the holidays roll around.
That red cup just makes me happy ^o^


Oh and I had some really delicious Sparerib Ramen the other day when it was freezing cold & raining. 
Could not be more perfect!


Oh & some Takoyaki...they look puny & sad compared to others I've had but it still tasted pretty good. I am just happy to finally find a spot that sells these damn things!


Oh & the ramen came with a side of Onigiri. What a great deal.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Bang won Worldwide Act at the MTV EMAs today!!! YAY!!! *\^o^/* 
Prettyyyy cool I must say. Those hardcore fans must've voted their fingers off.

In honor of their win...a Big Bang video!! 
This song is freaking epic \^o^/


♥♥♥

34 comments:

  1. oh my the food you had screams YUMMEH by just looking at the pictures <3 and yes the video is EPICCCCC!!! *oopps did i just drool D: lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like little takoyaki, they are so easy to devour! The lipstick looks lovely. Such a pretty fresh shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Tart is gorgeous on your lips! I am tempted to try it, if it will make my lips as gorge as yours. (Next time would you mind posting a pic of your lips before and after applying the lippie? It would be helpful for seeing just how much your underlying lip colour influences the lipstick.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to see the MTV EMAs with Big Bang winning T___T;; I didn't have access to the feed (youtube here i come lol) Ahh, I can't wait for these releases in NZ (either at the factory sale or in retail stores) your lips look very luscious with it on ^^ What's the wear like with the lippy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see, I didn't understand why everybody was talking about Big Band on FB & Twitter yesterday lol.

    Anyway, I like the packaging of Revlon lipsticks too *_* (I'm not brave enough to take pictures in stores either lol), and the color looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh if its one thing i hate most, i'd say rough glitter nail polish. I'm trying to stay as far away as I can from glitter polish. Feels rough AND it's a major pain to scrub it off my nails later on. Despite all this, I still have random glitter cravings, every so now and then,which..I'll regret later on. Hahah.

    rach,
    www.cookiedoughpineapplehearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ME WANT *Q*!! I need to find out if this is available in my country or not. and cherry tart looks gorgeous on your lips XD xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooooooooooooooh pretty! The Revlon colourburst remind me of Dior Lipglow and dior addict lippies with the transparant outer packaging! The colour looks so lush and pretty on you! :D

    So much food goodness. i LOVE takoyaki sooo much. And you and your massive bowls of ramen eh?

    I also still need to see MTV EMAs too. I saw on another blogger's post that they had landed in England I was like WTFWTFWTFWTF freak out, but they went to Dublin like straight after. Pfffft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGGGG droolssss i love takoyaki!!!! super yum yum yum! starbucks holiday cup is really cute =) irresistible! i'm collecting the stamp for the planner hehehe =)

    Oh and yeah, i love the frosty transparent packaging of revlon super cuute.. classy! love the color payoff and the high shine finish! I'm excited to try it out! hom hom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lippie looks awesoommmeeee <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't see the MTV EMA's gaahhh T_T Anyway, I'm just so happy to hear that Big Bang won! They deserve all the accolades that come their way, those bois are truly talented, and HOT! hahaha And hmm... Revlon lip butters look interesting, I'll wait for its release over here haha ;D

    And I loooveee Takoyaki! They're my fave snacks! <3

    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a pretty shade! I'm going to have to try them out as I have super dry lips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firstly, the lipcolour looks amazing on you! Next, your glitter nails are just fab!!! Lastly, why oh why must you post sooooo many delish foods at once? I want me some takoyaki!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    enter my Too Faced and Hello Kitty Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got the lip butter in Peach Parfait. I am hooked. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cherry Tart looks gorg on you!!! And the food looks delish mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  16. peppermint mocha is back! i too prefer local own cafe rather than starbucks giant.

    i probably look awkward snapping display at the store as well. nice finish and color on the lip balm.

    takoyaki looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Howovely and fresh that shade is. I must check them out. I do not normally wear bright lipstick, let alone lipstick so this is my cup of tea. Love nail colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lip colour is prettyy~~!

    And wow and the WnW polish, I love!

    Mmhh peppermint mocha <3 and the food! :P

    Yayy for Big Bang, I saw the video and I'm so happy for them! I can't believe they were in Belfast, so close yet so far xD

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh I'd love to try that Revlon Lip Butter. Wonder if the local drugstores sell them. Love the colour you chose! So pretty

    Gah, I need Takoyaki, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ice,Ice Baby!
    Gah, Mooseland is once again late in the general scheme of things and I will probably see these lip butter thingies by mid next year. Pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That revlon shade looks good on you! And I'm loving the OPI bronze nail color. You got some awesome stuff. Girl, just go in that store and act like you are important. Nobody will bother you. HAHAHA I-SPY! LOL
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the packaging of those Revlon lip butters... hopefully I track them down soon so I can try! And yay for Big Bang... gosh, I haven't listened to them in years!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cherry Tart is such a pretty color. Reminds me of tinted lips after having cotton candy.

    I always get Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks during the holidays. It's so comforting and the flavour definitely reminds me of the holidays.

    Was this the polish you had to tin foil off the other day? Love glitter polishes but omg the pain in the ass they are to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw the Revlon lip balm at CVS today, but the hubby rushed me at the store so I did not get any. They look good. Thanks for the review. The takoyakis look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Doro xD I love Revlon products omg I have never come across a 50% off on any drugstore products over here, you're so lucky lol!! I love your nails!! sooo cheery!! makes me think of the shiny Christmas tree ball with all the glitters and sparkles ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG... peppermint mocha. *drool* I'm normally not a coffee person, but every now & then, I'll have a craving for it. Used to looove the pumpkin spice latte, but haven't had it for years b/c it's peppermint mocha FTW for me whenever J craves Starbucks & we go there. Best coffee award goes to CBTL though.. love their French vanilla latte. However, SB has great Tazo tea, and CBTL has crappy tea.

    I saw the LE nail polishes at my local Walgreens.. but I wasn't interested in them.. was more bummed that I didn't get my hands on their Halloween LE nail polishes. Argh! Really wanted that red glitter and the black/orange one!

    I got my nail license young so that I could work on mani/pedis only at my uncle's nail chain in Virginia... I think I took 50-60 hours worth of classes, but you'll need more if you want to do it all... but that was like 10 years ago.. not sure what the requirements are now in Virginia, and I know CA is super strict and lengthy. My sister did the full course and had more clients than me since I was the receptionist/back up mani/pedi person, so she's really great at polishing my left and right hands very well.. unlike me. I can only polish my right hand really well, and my left sucks sometimes... it's only really bad with darker nail polish colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I swear everyone and their grandmothers have the new lip butters! I am missing out! I haven't seen them yet...weird. But I def. want to pick up at least one to try them out :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love takoyaki and ramen!! Where did you get yours from? I love that revlon color! It looks really good on your lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yummers! XD Hey I was just at Starbucks today and did not get a red cup. WT... :( The nail colors and Revlon lippie look fab on you! Hope I can find me a display! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Revlon has some awesome products. That lip color is gorgeous!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want to try the Cherry Tart shade, especially after seeing how it looks on your lips! I am really liking cherry shades for my lips at the moment.

    Your nails look amazing and perfect as usual hun xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think the only reason why I'm remotely up to date with kpop is because of your blog. Big Bang... Lol.

    I do love me some T.O.P though. Mhm.... You fine Korean man.... you..

    Ah the lipsticks look gorgeous! I really love the quilted design on the packaging, reminds me a bit of Chanel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That colour is beautiful on you!! You have nice lips anyway ;)

    I love the glitter nails on you.. you make me want to dig out the glitter polishes i have but i hate removing them!!


    I had to search it up on google after the EMA awards to see if they won, and it was great to hear they won because I actually voted for them a few times hahaha. Tonight is one of my fave songs from them!

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...