Fwends! ♥

Monday, July 4, 2011

Painting Supplies!

Since I was actually able to get ready with extra time to spare the other day (shocking, I know. I was surprised too ^o^), I decided to take pictures of the stuff I use to paint my face! Putting on makeup is kinda like painting, it's art...well the way I do it isn't really considered art but for the sake of this post, let's ignore that fact XD

This was my eye makeup for last Friday. It was soooo hot that while I was putting on my makeup I could feel it starting to melt off =.=''

And don't worry, I totally went and groomed my eyebrows after seeing this picture LOL if I knew how to Photoshop, the stray hairs wouldn't be there -_-


I decided to use green because...I had green eyeshadow that I've used before lol. Green's never a color I usually reach for. I usually just pick neutrals or purple (obsessed w purple XD). But I think the green ended up looking a lot nicer than I expected =D


Now for the stuff I used. I didn't realize till I took pictures that I use so much stuff on my face. Sigh...it's hard work being a woman -_-

On face:
For primer, I've been using L'egere Illuminating Hydro Cream Base everyday and I love it. Gives your face a slight glow and provides great oil control for me. I briefly reviewed it here.

For my base, I just recently started mixing the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream and the L'egere White Multi BB Cream. The Etude House one was too thick/matte and pale on me but the L'egere one was a bit too shiny and sheer so I mixed the two. I got the great coverage of the Etude House BB cream and the dewy finish of the L'egere BB cream. YAY! 

I don't really use concealer unless I have really bad blemishes. The BB creams cover my scars pretty well. No one will look at me that closely anyways lol!


On eyes:
I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion to prep my lids since they get super oily.
I used all Rock & Republic eyeshadows, as pictured. 

Then I lined my eyes with the Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner in BK999.

To fill in my eyebrows, I use the Integrate Micro Slim Eyebrow Set in GY941, which is suppose to be grey. It was when I first started using it, but over time I noticed it looking more brown on me...weird. But I love this. It works great and doesn't melt in the sun. But I don't live in a humid environment so it might melt if you are in the rain forest or something >.<''


On lashes:
I use the Shiseido Eyelash Curler that I got from Sephora. Works great on Asian eyes.
Stuck on some lashes I got in Taiwan that work super well and are super duper cheap.

I like to use Duo Lash Glue. It's waterproof, supposedly, but I don't cry so idk if my lashes will really stay on if I do ever cry (which will never happen, I guarantee it =P).

Then I top it off with my favorite Fairy Drops Mascara!
Ummm I think they may have changed their packaging. But Imomoko now carries like 4 variations of this mascara. I'm not sure which one is the original formula. I hope they didn't change it all together!!!!



On face, cheeks, etc:
I like to apply my finishing powder at the end so that my BB cream has time to oxidize a bit and adjust to my skin color a bit better. I always use the MUFE HD Microfinish Powder. It has amazing oil control and I don't even need to blot at all throughout the day anymore. It's translucent too.

I contoured with the ELF Studio Cool Bronzer. Works well enough but only the left top & bottom colors work on me. The right 2 colors make me look like I'm covered in dirt =_= but for $3 I can't complain, it does the job. Plus it's a matte finish, which I prefer.

For blush, I used the Givenchy Le Prisme Powder Blush in #25 In Vogue Orange. Love this blush! I thought it'd be too orange when I got it but it goes well with my super pale skin surprisingly.

I highlighted with ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow, which is a highlight shade. I heard this is a dupe of the Nars Albatross but I've never used the Nars one. I really love Gotta Glow, it gives a really pretty gold sheen that isn't too obvious and won't make you look like a disco ball o_o 


On lips:
Used MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2, great nude color! 
Then used Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in #436 Apricot Cloche, which is a shimmery peach color, on top.



OMG finallyyyy done.

Oh yeah, and I even had time to curl my hair! What a miracle LOL

I used a curling rod which worked reallyyyy well and was able to make my entire head of hair wavy. yayyy! \^o^/
Sorry for the blurry photo, I took it after I sprayed a ton of hair spray and was choking. Couldn't hold the camera steady HAHAHA


Before curling, I sprayed my hair with Lucido-L Designing Aqua Hair Lotion (Airy) which made my curls last sooo much longer. I have typical Asian hair that's very fine & pretty straight. Usually curls don't last all day for me. 
However, this time I woke up the next day with very wavy hair still. YAY! You can easily find this at most Japanese markets, which is where I got mine. 
Pricing can vary between $9-$12.


And for those who can read Japanese, here's the back. Basically...you just spray it on your hair then curl it lol don't really need instructions XP
Highly recommend this!




Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine is still continuing since tomorrow is the 4th of July in the US muahaha =D
♥♥♥

FYI: There are probably better deals for the Asian products at other sites or Ebay sellers than the links that I provided. These are just links I could think of off the top of my head. So always do your research before buying!! ^o^ 

17 comments:

  1. ...thats alot of products! i'm usually quite lazy lol ,just bb cream,face powder, and eyeliner. i rely heavily on cosmetic contact lens to transform my look. lol. i love how sharp and neat your eyeliner is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahh the Lucido-L mist doesn't work on my super stubborn hair!

    I almost never get ready with extra time to spare unless I get ready way way way way earlier haha *fail*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looked gorgeous!!! I always try to put on fake lashes, and they never end up looking as good as your's. I think I'm gonna get the Urban Decay Primer Potion. My eyelids get really oily too. Thanks for the tips!

    Cindy
    Style Soufflé

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG loveeeeee your hair and makeup wowowowowow! I wanna try the Fairydrops Mascara cause I have those typical Asian lashes and point straight down, and most mascaras don't hold my curls! I wish I had a lot of makeups like you haha ^^ great blog post! oh and happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair looks so volumous! I love it! hope you have a great long weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your makeup looks gorgeous! I love it. And your hair looks freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eye makeup and your hair! Your lashes look really voluminous - the falsies look great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your brows, they're perfect. Thanks for sharing step by step instructions and pictures. The Lucido L lotion didn't work for my sadly. Following your blog, big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn you pretty woman! XD haha
    I realised.. after talking to you, i still don't know your name?!

    Btw, LOVE your eye make up! It's so pretty! >.< Lovely colour combinations~ Your hair!! <333 So much volume.. :O looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your eye makeup with a tint of green and your hair. Your eyes are so big and pretty. I am a sucker when it comes to apply falsies, can never get them right.

    I would love to try that hair lotion, seems to work real well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I lovee the eye makeup. Is the DUO glue from Mac? I need to find some good glue. I just got some eyelashes and can't wait to try them out!

    Hope you'll stop by again soon & check out my giveaway! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog :)


    xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely going to try Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer after my bare minerals version is complete! You are like the 1 millionth person who swears by it! So glad to discover your blog...I can always use make-up tips for asians!

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the look!! argh i need to practice my eyeliner skills..can never draw such precise lines..great hair!! I like using Lucido hair products!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow lots of products used heheee!
    Love your eye makeup so much. The colors are beautiful. I always love green eyeshadows. Your eyes are big and rounded. I'm jealous! lol

    Does ELF contour powder stay on for a long time? I'm considering buying it. :) (love cheap products lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your eyelashes look intense in these pics! Very pretty!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. u have VERYYY PRETTY EYES!!
    and i love those lashes! looks sooo naturall!! omgg i was gonna ask u "are u wearing falsies?" and then as i read thru the post i saw ur falsies =].. LOVE =]

    Alx

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...