Fwends! ♥

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mask Review: O'slee Clear Spa Sleeping Mask + My Eye! and NOTW

Mask reviews continue! No spazzing in this post, so please stay hahahaha XD

I purchased the O'slee Clear Spa Sleeping Mask when I made my Sasa haul last month. Sasa was having a BOGO deal on this so I had to get it >.< hehe.. 2 bottles of these cost me $13.50. Pretty good deal on a mask. The deal is still going on!! It ends June 30, 2011. 


I've been using this a couple times a week, switching off with a bunch of other masks I use. (I'm a mask whore =_= I hoard them like crazy) The O'slee Sleeping Mask is just something you put on after you apply all your other skincare produts. It's very convenient for lazy people who don't like to wait around to wash it off & stuff. You just slather it on & go to bed.



The consistency is a thick gel (reminds me of hair gel haha). It takes a while for the product to absorb into your skin and can be a bit sticky if you use too much. You don't need much at all. I usually put this on right after my skincare routine (remember to put some on your neck too! Our necks age too, don't forget ^o^) instead of waiting till right before bed. That way the product has time to go into your skin & you don't leave mask residue all over your pillow -_-


It doesn't have a very strong scent and I didn't have any allergic reactions to it. I woke up the next day to very moisturized and glowing skin. It works pretty well but nothing mind blowing. It doesn't whitening your skin. I feel this will be good in the winter when my skin tends to get drier. The product has a lot of good nutrients for your skin.

All in all, I would say it is a very typical but effective leave-on mask. Quick & easy to use and pretty cheap. My mom is very lazy and loves the one I gave her.

What's weird is that I've no idea what country this brand originates from. There is English on the box (proper English, not that weird Engrish on a lot of Asian products LOL) but I've only seen this brand sold in Asia & on Asian sites. What a mystery! hahaha If anyone knows where O'slee is from, let me know! I always like to know where my makeup & skincare stuff is made in. Just cause I'm OCD like that ~_~




Decided to do a quick EOTD photo before I went out tonight. It's very simple. I used the Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Beethoven. I got this years ago from Sephora but rarely use it now since I've hoarded so much other eyeshadows since then =.= 

Image source: Sephora

I used the right most shade, which is a pink-lilac shimmer color, for all over the lid. Followed by the 1st purple shade that's next to the yellow, for the outer corner. Then I just lined by eyes with the darkest purple. 

Can't even tell it's purple!! *sigh*

I didn't have a lot of time (late as usual SMH). When I don't have time, I don't line my eyes hahaha it takes quite a bit of time since I like to take it slow & make sure the angles are perfect on both eyes lol (yeah I'm crazy >.<) Then I used my usual HG Fairy Drops Mascara. At the last minute, I decided to throw on some false lashes. I bought a bunch when I went to Taiwan but I rarely use them since applying them is usually a hit or miss for me hahaha Luckily, it went ok this time. Yay!

I noticed the lashes looked too dramatic & obvious after taking the pictures so I kinda just pushed them downward so they weren't so curled.

Holy hell my eye is so creeeeepy!

For the rest of the face, I used my favorite L'egere White Multi BB Cream. This stuff makes my worst skin days look bright & glowing & smooth. And it smells pretty nice hahaha kinda fruity I think...I got mine on Sasa a few months back. LOVE THIS, highly recommend it...but only if you have rather fair skin. This stuff, like most BB creams, only comes in 1 shade -_- which I think is really lame.


For blush & bronzer, I used the Nars Bronzing/Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna. A very classic duo that I use when I'm in a rush and can't stand there for 5 min to decide which blush I want to use tonight. 

Image source: Sephora

A pretty quick look overall. I was in such a rush I didn't even have time for lipstick/gloss. So I used chapstick LMAO...so the moral of the story is: Plan ahead!! But I know I'll never listen to myself and will forever be rushing out the door for anything hahahaha 

For my nails this week, I finally got to use 2 polishes I haven't gotten around to using since I have too many hehe

First I painted my nails with my super awesome Hello Kitty Nail Polish in Blueberry. The packaging is epic, a HK head, kinda morbid but hellaaaaa cute!
The formula on these HK polishes are amazing! I thought it'd be pretty sheer but it was soooo opaque that 1 coat would've sufficed. 

I think I was also in a rush that day (story of my life) so the application was a tad fugly -_- my apologies, readers!


Then, since I've been dying to use OPI Silver Shatter since I got it, I just quickly painted a thin layer after the base had dried. This stuff dries sooo fast so it can get gloopy. If you accidentally get too much on a certain area of the nail, that area won't shatter. You can kinda see it on my pinky, a large part didn't shatter. *sad* lol

It dries like immediately and kinda matte. It looks okay but it isn't until you apply a top coat that you go whoaaa so shiny! HAHAHAHA or at least I did ^.^

The picture is semi-blurry. My camera is wonky at times. Apologies again, readers! But I think the blue polish looks so great under the Silver Shatter. It really shows thru the cracks. Love it! 


Ahhh it's late and I have to get up in 5 hrs to go on a trip. Will probably be rushing again hahahahha *SMH* 

Have a good weekend errrrbody! ^_^

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics! Great lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like the blue color that i've recently posted! XD and and regarding oslee,i'm pretty curious about where it originated from too. its like suddenly it pops up everywhere in sasa,local drugstores and etc. weirddd

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i think your single eye looks very pretty! hahaha that comment sounds weird when i read it alot.. but seriously you have a pretty eye HAHA seriously it's so big and pretty i'm J!

    ohhhh that silver shatter over the blue color is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews! I also have the same eyeshadow kit that I picked up on my last trip to the US.. I love it! It's perfect for smokey eyes. I've never tried that mask before but it sounds pretty good! I'm guessing it's a Hong Kong or Japanese brand.. I see that it's sold here (in HK) too!

    www.cashmereandcandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your eyes is so preetttiieeee, and the hello kitty nail polish looks so glossy and shiny! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the review, oh well about the product not whitening your skin, I stopped searching for a skin whitening product a few years ago when nothing worked! the crackle nail polish looks really pretty in that picture btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely nails! it still amazes me how opi managed to make their nail polish shatter like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the silver shatter!! OMG I need to get my hands on some!! It's not even a matter of want or need, it's NEED now!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! so informative n I'm a mask hoarder took but the only diff btw us is that I barely use them grrr such a waste ... I'm just too lazy u know :(... Ur lashes look great I have oneee pair from my elf haul n that's it lol rarely wear then .. Never worm any false lashes it seems so hard to apply:(... N BB cream Id love to try them but I hate how it doesn't come in darker shade :(... I got a small sample if the oriental one with the blush on the cap.. That one made me look too white n purple-ly LOL

    Btw thanks for the comment in my elf haul... I heard great things on the bronzers but I didn't order it last time because I rarely use bronzer n I have some at home already

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pics of your nails. I've seen this on a few blogs now. I want to try this out...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your eyes are so dramatic and pretty! I think Oslee is from Hong Kong, and produced there too. I haven't tried too much of their stuff but I used the Laneige version and it was okay. Glad it's worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! I haven't heard of this brand, but the mask sounds really good. Love the nails and your EOTD too! The lashes look great on you - they make your eyes look very dramatic :)

    P.S. I just followed your blog! Looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...