Fwends! ♥

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tuna Pancakes (참치전)

Been addicted to cooking videos on Youtube lately. I pretty much spent all day on Maangchi's channel watching her Korean cooking videos! She has sooo many cool recipes besides all the dishes you would order at a Korean restaurant. Her blog goes more in depth about all her recipes. Check it out yo!!

I suck in the kitchen. Anything that requires me to estimate any ingredients or seasonings to taste will usually result in a failure =_=;; But Maangchi's latest video, looked super easy even I could probably do it. The Tuna Pancake, or 참치전 (pronounced Chamchijeon...idk Korean so mb I spelled it wrong), is pretty much a super easy version of crab cakes, except w/ canned tuna. So it's wayyy cheaper too! Crab meat can cost an arm & a leg at the grocery store (this still doesn't justify how restaurants can charge me $10 for one crab cake though!)

I happened to have everything at home. There's only a couple ingredients, so yay!

Canola oil (for frying), sesame oil, flour, salt & pepper, canned tuna (in water), egg, garlic, onion
I didn't have onion, but found shallots in the kitchen...I've no idea why I had it, I never use shallots hahaha but I figured they're onion-like so I just used those. They are definitely onion-like since these made me cry!! I can't cut onions if my life depended on it. *fail*

Take the tuna out of the can and drain it w/ the sieve. Doesn't have to be super dry. Just get most of the water out. Then put the tuna in a mixing bowl.

So you basically chop the onion & garlic & throw everything into the bowl w/ the tuna. 
¼ cup chopped onion, 1 minced garlic, 1ts salt, ¼ ts ground black pepper, 1 egg, 1 ts sesame oil, and 1 tbs flour all added to the drained tuna


Then mix!


Now it's time to fry!! I used a 10in nonstick frying pan. Pour a small amount of canola oil into the pan after the pan heats up. If you use too much, it'll splatter when you fry the pancakes & burn you (my greatest fear ever lol).


Spoon small rounds onto the pan and try to spread into decent looking circles. You can make them as big or small as you want. If you make them around 2in wide like I did, the recipe makes 6 pancakes.

Flipped!
After a couple minutes, you can flip them. You'll know when they're ready to be flipped because they'll be easier to move around on the pan. Cook till they're golden brown & crispy.

Ready to eat!!
And that's it! I made 2 servings so I came out w/ 12.

It's so easy to just keep eating these. I think I ate 4 before realizing how many I ate >_<


And just cause this commercial is too sexy...



I'm sure the Coke would go well w/ the pancakes anyway. Plus...I'm keeping w/ the Korean theme of this post since its 2PM ^_^

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment! This looks really delicious, you make it look very easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food posts! Thanks for the recipe! :)
    Light color bags only have that one downfall..attracting denim! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. :OO woow i loveee tuna and pancakes! and you combined both of them togetherr?! :O looks soo yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh your tuna pancakes look so nommy!!! I've never heard of tuna pancakes before hah I will have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...