Fwends! ♥

Sunday, May 29, 2011

OPI Obsessed, Japanese Makeup, & Lots of Beer


It's a long weekend here in the US since Monday is Memorial Day. That means lots of sales going on at malls lol. America finds any excuse to have a sale.


I finally went back to Ulta to get a few more polishes!! I've renewed my love for OPI. I used to hate their wide brushes but maybe it's b/c my nail polish application skills have improved but now I love the new wide brushes yay!

Picked up the Silver Shatter, which I'd been obsessing about since seeing swatches on blogs. It is soooo cool when you use it. But it does crack differently on each nail. So if you are a perfectionist & want each nail shattered the same then...draw your own shatters hahahaa!!
Also got Stranger Tides from the OPI POTC collection. I was gonna get Skulls & Crossbones but I realized I have something similar. Stranger Tides is so pretty!!! I didn't think I'd love it this much ^_^ It's a pastel apple green that looks a bit grey in darker lighting. I suck at explaining colors btw...-_-

Silver Shatter & Stranger Tides
I also painted my nails w/ Barefoot in Barcelona. Been wanting to use this one so badly ever since I got it. Super pretty!!!!! And the formula is excellent. Very opaque. I only needed 2 coats. Makes you feel more grown up when you wear it lol


This week, a few of my Ebay orders came in. Almost forgot I ordered them...I got 2 of the ever-so-popular Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheeks & 1 Canmake Melty Nude Lipstick.

The packaging makes me love these already! US cosmetics companies: take note!
I got the Puff de Cheeks in Peach Macaron & Strawberry Macaron.

Top: Strawberry Macaron
Bottom: Peach Macaron

Peach Macaron is my favorite! It goes on a very pretty peachy pink and is easily buildable =]
Strawberry Macaron is a true pink. It's a bit brighter than Peach Macaron. This color is also limited edition I think. But these came out a couple months ago already, I think. You can still easily find them on Ebay.

I am absolutely in love w/ the Canmake Melty Nude Lipstick that I got. The formula is amazing!!!
I picked up 04 Peach Beige, which is the perfect nude color for me.

04 Peach Beige
Plus the packaging & design of the lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. I'm mad I only ordered 1! I think I'll have to collect all of them.
There are 4 shades in this collection: 01 Baby Beige, 02 Creamy Nude, 03 Baby Pink, 04 Peach Beige


The formula isn't drying at all & it's very pigmented. It goes well w/ the Canmake Nudy Glow Lipglosses that are also very popular.

On Friday I met up w/ a few friends for happy hour. I love happy hour! Something about drinking when it's still light out makes it that much more fun lol! It's difficult for us to meet up these days since we're all part of the work force now (well...a couple of us are still looking LOL) so it was great to catch up. I've known them for almost 10 yrs ^_^!
We went to this restaurant that had over 130 kinds of beer!!! I love beer so I love this place hahaha

Pretty much 1/2 my size o_0
They have a lot of unique beers that I've never seen sold anywhere else. They also let you taste them before you order yayyy!!! Bartenders there were super nice & willing to help me make a choice, I was totally lost haha. My friends & I all got 1 of these. Oddly, I didn't have trouble finishing mine...it goes pretty quick after you get to the skinny part of the glass lmao!!

Food here is also amaaaazing! I love their sliders!!! So simple yet so flavorful.

SOOOO GOOD

4 Cheese Pizza

I love fruit flavored anything: Candy, ice cream, desserts, actual fruit...if it's got fruit in it, I'll probably order it XD

Strawberry Beer & another random 1 I don't remember the name of XD

They have fruit beer here!!! I was sooo happy haha. I tried both the strawberry & framboise (just a fancy way to say rasberry =P). I think fruit beer will now be my favorite drink...forever. Too bad I've never seen it sold anywhere else =_=



Because I think Korean companies have the most amazing marketing tactic...put celebrity faces on everything! 

Hyun Bin from Secret Garden hehe!! Big Bang (TOP FOREVER)!!! 2PM!!!! Song Seung Hun!!! I pretty much love every single person in this ad...pure genius! 
When you go to Incheon Airport, the Lotte Duty Free section is pretty much plastered w/ celebrity endorsements. I love it (^_~) hehe

ok it's way corny...but everyone's so pretty! 
cr:  

9 comments:

  1. aww thanks hon!! your comment is so sweet.. haha i'll try to include some FOTD's in the future.. i don't really think i'm "skilled" in makeup per say.. hahah but i'll def try to take some :p

    that barefoot in barcelona is so pretty!!! it's the perfect blush pinky nude color!

    I LOVE ASIAN MAKEUP PRODUCTS mostly because I LOVEEEEEEE the packaging hahaha! american packaging is so lame and boring in comparison! those little tins are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love japanese makeup and beer too lol
    cheers! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is lovely,
    great post !

    Henar ♥
    ... OH MY VOGUE !

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome food pictures .. I loveee OPI! I have yet to check out those blushes but they look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try Canmake lipsticks & lipglosses so badly! I wish they sold them locally. The lipstick looks SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be great if you could let me know the Ebay seller! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment. Would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lipstick is very gorgeous! I have to get one. xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am going to pick up barefoot in barcelona after seeing your pictures. So pretty!

    xo

    http://oystergirl-hairlessdog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...